The guy in front of me at the ATM forgot to pick up his receipt. I didn’t notice it until I requested a receipt for my withdrawel. When I grabbed it to pick it up it said the balance was $85,000. For one second I thought I’m finally seeing a real life version of Monopoly, “Bank Error In Your Favor” advance to Park Place. But no it was someone else’s non-bank-error, not in my favor. I know $85,000 isn’t even that much money. But why have it just sit in your checking account? Maybe 30k but put the rest in some kind of high interest thing. When I have $85,000 to spare I’m going to turn it into gold coins and hire a hobbit to hide it under a very special glistening rock. Anyway I took his receipt and now it sits in my wallet for inspiration. I left my receipt behind for inspiration, you know, in case a small child with a piggy bank walks by and wants to know how it feels to be one step above keeping coins in a glass animal.
- “The Hills Law & Order” – Chelsea Lately
- My appearance on Chelsea Lately 2-23-09
- Special Show! The Writers of “Chelsea Lately” at the Hollywood Improv
- Is This Real Life?
- Strangers Bearing Gifts
- My Appearance on Chelsea Lately 01-08-09
- My Appearances on Chelsea Lately from 12-09-08
- Don’t Ever Read Emails You Wrote at Age 25
- (Chelsea Lately) Facts of Life Reunion Special